How to prevent and cure cracked heels
How to prevent and cure cracked heels:
Dry/cracked feet are a sign of lack of attention towards your body and one of the worst nightmares for most women. The skin on the feet tends to become drier as there are no oil glands present there. This dryness causes the skin to crack. Lack of moisturization, overexposure to pollution, and some medical conditions such as eczema, diabetes, thyroid, and psoriasis lead to dry and cracked feet.
1) Moisturise your feet regularly so that they remain soft and avoid a build up of dry skin.
2) Before you hit the bed, moisturise your feet and put on a pair of socks to nourish the skin on your feet.
3) You can also scrub off the dry skin with pumice, but gently. This will decrease the occurrence of dead cells and dry skin and reduce the thickness of the dry skin around the heel.
4) Choose a good pair shoes: – Avoid thin soles – Avoid open back shoes – Avoid walking barefoot
5) Maintain the hygiene of your feet at all times to prevent infection.
6) Do not walk in an open pair of shoes if you have cracked heels. Also wear socks to avoid infection.
7) Drink water to keep your skin hydrated.
Prevent cracked heels before it is too late. Timely measure is the way to prevent cracked heels. Moisturising, scrubbing and a proper pair of shoes can help you maintain the hygiene of your feet.