International Yoga day – 21st June
International day of yoga is also called as the world yoga day. United Nations General Assembly has declared 21st of June as an International Yoga Day on 11th of December in 2014. Yoga in India is considered to be around 5,000 year old mental, physical and spiritual practice. Yoga was originated in India in ancient time when people were used of meditation to transform their body and mind. Launching a particular date of practicing yoga all across the world and celebrating as yoga day was initiated by the Indian Prime Minister to the United Nations General Assembly.
Yoga is more than just burning your calories and toning your muscles. It is a mind body workout where you have strengthening and stretching poses along with deep breathing techniques to relax your mind and body. There are more than 100 different forms of yoga. Some are fast paced and intense. Others are gentle and relaxing. Yoga is an invaluable gift of ancient Indian tradition. It embodies unity of mind and body; thought and action; restraint and fulfilment; harmony between man and nature and a holistic approach to health and well-being. The word yoga literally means union. Through yoga you can explore profoundly the very mechanics of life.
Yoga is very necessary and beneficial for all human being if it is practiced by all on daily basis in the early morning.
Official name of this day is UN International Yoga Day and also called as Yoga Day. It is a worldwide event celebrated by the people of all countries through practicing yoga, meditation, debates, meetings, discussions, variety of cultural performances, etc.
WORLD YOGA DAY THEME
• The theme of World Yoga Day 2018 is “Yoga for Peace”.
• Theme of 2017 was “Yoga For Health”.
• Theme of 2016 was “Connect the Youth”.
• Theme of 2015 was “Yoga For Harmony And Peace”.
What is Special on World Yoga Day 2018
As per the Media, the 4th International Yoga Day in 2018 will be celebrated by the Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, in Dehradun. He would lead the day with the crowd of over 60000 people at Dehradun Forest Research Institute on June 21, 2018. The aim of the day is to raise awareness among people worldwide about many benefits of practicing yoga in their life on regular basis. World Yoga Day celebration of 2018 is based on the theme “Yoga for Peace.”
OBJECTIVES OF WORLD YOGA DAY
International Day of Yoga has been adopted to fulfill the following objectives:
• To let people know the amazing and natural benefits of yoga.
• To connect people to the nature by practicing yoga.
• To make people get used of meditation through yoga.
• To draw attention of people worldwide towards the holistic benefits of yoga.
• To reduce the rate of health challenging diseases all over the world.
• To bring communities much close together to spend a day for health from busy schedule.
• To enhance growth, development and spread peace all through the world.
• To help people in their bad situations themselves by getting relief from stress through yoga.
• To strengthen the global coordination among people through yoga.
• To make people aware of physical and mental diseases and its solutions through practicing yoga.
• To protect unhealthy practices and promote and respect the good practices to make health better.
• To let people know their rights of good health and healthy life style to completely enjoy the highest standard of physical and mental health.
• To link between protection of health and sustainable health development.
• To get win over all the health challenges through regular yoga practice.
• To promote better metal and physical health of people through yoga practice